Wednesday, April 3, 2013

3 Tiers of Cozy

As the warm weather eases in, it is time to tuck away your winter warmies: scarves, gloves, and hats. If you're like me, you spend the cold months bundled in layers. In fact, this year I had a warm-themed Christmas: my sweet mother surprised me with long johns, pink gloves, tights, and cashmere socks. And, to top it all off, she found me a three-tiered dessert tray. As an expert hostess, Mom is known for her Nutty Cheesecake Bars and innovative casseroles. She is always a step ahead when it comes to preparing for a pot luck, and I wouldn't be her daughter if I didn't grow up longing to play hostess too! Fast-forward a few years to when I was getting ready to start my freshman year of college, and Mom and I were beyond convinced that I needed place settings for six, because no girl should be prevented from hosting brunch!

Now, you are probably wondering what dessert has to do with wool accessories, so allow me to bridge the gap. Instead of stowing away my adorable serving piece, I use it as a fun display: hats on the top tier, gloves in the middle, and scarves rolled up on the bottom. It makes things easy to grab on the way out the door. I'm looking forward to picking out some spring items to display this season!

What ways do you make things fun and functional?


Placefully yours,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment