Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Table

So on Tuesday after taking the 2nd part of the CPA exam (halfway there!), I saw a billboard for a local antique store, Front Porch of the South. What can I say, I was intrigued. A few turns later I found just what I was looking for: a world of well-loved treasures.


After a pleasant meander about, I came across the perfect coffee table: a carved wooden base with a pink marble top. The French influence beckoned!



So you wonder, is this the whole story? Did I just want to tell you about my new table? Well I admit, I did want to talk about it, but allow me to provide a bit of backstory. I live in a studio apartment, a partially furnished studio apartment. While this is a great thing when you need somewhere to sit and prop your feet, where should you hide the standard-issue coffee table when you find your dream one? 

Answer: use the old coffee table to elevate the laundry basket in the bedroom! For me, this was just the perfect solution! The basket is now easier to access, and not on the floor. And, the old coffee table is not taking away the spotlight off of the French dream table! Oh, and how do you carry a slab of rock 60lb table top to the second story? Well hopefully you have sweet friends like mine who offer to help (Thanks Kathryn and Adam)!


What ways have you repurposed furniture?

Placefully yours,

Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment